"The doctor/patient relationship is based on trust, respect, and work toward a common goal. I do everything I can to nurture those elements of the relationship in order to get my patients to a healthy point in their lives. I want their trust, and I do all I can to earn it."
Leading Education Supported by Compassion
"My education has been one of the great joys of my life. Not only because I love to learn, but because it has enabled me to make ill people well again. My greatest gift comes when I am able to listen to a patient and comfort them with a little pie of helpful knowledge. Whether it’s a simple lifestyle change that may reduce the risk of prostate cancer or an explanation of a procedure that puts a patient at ease, I keep you informed every step of the way."
- MD: University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Graduate School: Bacteriology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- BA: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Urology Residency, L.A. County Hospital
Trusted Experience & Patient Care
“As with most professions, experience makes a very big difference in the ability of the professional. My medical career has been varied, but I’ve always maintained an interest in urology and getting patients back to a healthy life. If experience is the best teacher, then I’ve had an outstanding education.”
- 1967-1969: Medical Officer, U.S. Public Health Service, Kabu, Afghanistan
- 1970-1973: Urology Residency, USC – Los Angeles County Hospital
- 1974: Chief Urology Resident, USC – Los Angeles County Hospital
- 1970-1974: Emergency Room Physician, USC – Los Angeles County Hospital
- 1974-Present: Private Urology Practice
- 1974-1999: Attending Teaching Staff, USC – Los Angeles County Urology Department
- 1985-Present: Practitioner of Bio-Identical Hormones
- 2001 – Present: Attending Urologist, Afghanistan
Knowledge That Helps Patients & Doctors Alike
"As a member of several professional organizations, I receive the latest information on treatment plans for my patients. Then there are occasions when I can pass along information to a colleague, which may then be used to help their patient – someone I’ll never meet. I am humbled by that opportunity."
- Board Certified: American Board of Urology
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Member: American Urological Association, California Medical Association, Societe Internationale D’Urologie, Ventura County Medical Society.
How to choose the right urologist/doctor:
• Is he board certified?
• Has he performed thousands of procedures?
• Does he have many years of experience?
• Does he have lots of satisfied patients?
• Does he accept and file insurance when applicable?
• Does he perform many procedures in-office or in the surgi-center, saving patients the trouble and cost of going to a hospital?
• Does he offer payment options for non-insured procedures?
• Does he use a nurse practitioner to provide important patient services?
Dr. Cedric Emery and Ventura County Urology Medical Group can answer "Yes!" to all these questions.
With all this experience, with all these satisfied patients, and with the convenience of state-of-the-art, in-office surgical procedures, including the new, less invasive da Vinci robotics procedure, why would you choose any other urologist than Dr. Cedric Emery and Ventura County Urology Medical Group?
Doctor Emery is very active in assisting the people of Afghanistan and their medical needs.
Please visit his AFGHAN SITE for more information.